These FAQs are designed to provide a better understanding of our products and services. If you have any questions about our products and services that are not covered here or elsewhere on our website, please contact us.
Why Soft Water for Me?
Water softeners remove the dissolved calcium, magnesium and other elements from your water that pollute water and make it “hard”. Removing these hard water elements makes your water “soft”. By removing hardness from your water you will see the following benefits and more:
- Brighter, whiter and softer clothes and linens that last up to 30% longer
- Smoother, softer, younger looking skin
- Softer and more managable hair
- Savings up to 75% on all your soaps, detergents, cleaners, lotions, shampoo etc.
- Water using appliances may last up to 2x longer or even more when used with soft water (water heaters, dishwashers, clothes washers etc.)
- Save time cleaning tubs, sinks, showers, toilets etc. when scale and soap scum are virtually eliminated
- Plumbing pipes and fixtures are protected by soft water and will last longer
- Water heating costs may be reduced by up to 40% when using soft water
- You will save $$$ – Soft water is a luxury that literally pays for itself!
Why Pure Drinking Water?
- Your body is made of nearly 70% water
- EPA studies show nitrates in over half of the water wells in the US
- Over 70 different types of pesticides have been found in drinking water supplies in the US
- The EPA estimates that 9.7 billion pounds of industrial chemicals are legally released into US waters annually
- Drinking adequate amounts of clean water may prevent headaches and migranes , dehydration, certain cancers, constipation, joint problems, skin dryness, kidney problems, muscle cramps, irregular blood pressure, chronic fatigue, weight gain and more…
- Save money on bottled water and beverages purchased retail when you have great tasting drinking water.
- Pure water produces more clear, hard ice cubes with no more “floaties”
- Cook with pure water to provide healthier, tastier, fresher looking food
Why choose Crystal Water?
History – Crystal Water has provided superior water treatment equipment and service for over 50 years throughout the Intermountain West. We know your water and we know how to treat it.
Service – Crystal Water’s trained service personel and dealers provide service that is unmatched. We pride ourselves on the fact that we do have the best service in our market.
Solutions – Crystal Water provides the latest in technology and state of the art solutions to provide you with the best soft water, drinking water purification, filtration and water treatment systems.
Satisfaction Guarantee – We guarantee that you will be satisfied with the products and service that we provide. If you are ever dissatisfied, let us know and we’ll make it right.
Is soft water safe to drink?
Although soft water is typically safe to drink, many people do not like the taste of soft water. At Crystal Water a typical installation of your water softener includes bypassing the cold water at your kitchen sink and icemaker in the refrigerator so that soft water is not installed to these drinking water sources unless you request to have them softened.
Ideally you will also have a drinking water purification system installed, and then you will have pure, fresh drinking water available at the kitchen sink and fridge for drinking and cooking.
Softened water will still contain all the natural minerals that we need. It is only deprived off its calcium and magnesium contents, and some sodium is added during the softening process. That is why in most cases, softened water is perfectly safe to drink.
In areas with extremely high hardness the softened water should not be used for the preparation of baby-milk or for drinking if you are on a severely sodium restricted diet, due to the high sodium content after the softening process has been carried out.
What type of salt should I use?
Your Crystal Water Softener is designed to work with several different types of salt. It can use pellet salt, extra coarse rock salt, or block salt. Typically we do recommend pellet salt whenever possible. Pellet salt has a tendency to be cleaner than other types of salt and your system will require less cleaning and maintenance. Whatever type of salt you use be sure to use a reputable brand that has a high purity rating. Most grocery stores, hardware stores and membership club retail outlets will carry a reputable brand of salt.
Your system can also be modified to use potassium chloride salt instead of standard sodium chloride. If you would like to use potassium chloride salt in your system contact your Crystal Water dealer.